Why I Am Running ……
As a Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Minister, Community Advocate, and Friend it is my firm belief that it is our sacred duty to leave a world better than ours that’s full of aspirations for our children, our children’s children, and their children, but that’s not what’s happening in the world today. Right now legislation is being passed on both the state and federal level that can take us back over 100 years, and we can’t sit back and watch as that become our realty.
It’s hard to sit back and watch...
- The coming food shortages because farmers can not grow their crops due to the rising cost of food, fuel, and fertilizer,
- Poor families being torn apart due to homelessness as a result of the current housing crisis while some in our state legislature vote to make homelessness a crime
- To hear the cries of our elderly and disable community who need help getting and filling out their absentee ballots ignored because people are afraid they may go to jail for helping them
- To know that over 400 laws were passed to keep people of color, namely Blacks and Hispanics from voting which is a right given to all American citizens
- To watch our children gunned down on our streets as violence increase while guns legislation in our state are passed that allows anyone to get a gun regardless of their mental state
MY PASSION ...
We live to fight daily for equitable and inclusive opportunities for all. We firmly believe that everyone deserves a representative that will work for them regardless of party, color, or financial status.
We strive to work tenaciously, representing a record of serving the people of middle and south Georgia, but We prosper to stand up and fight for the resources that our district and all of rural Georgia need and deserve.
We aspire to stand firm until all of House District 156 farmers, families, firms, and small business owners have the same opportunities for their hopes and dreams to be realized, and the state of Georgia is a place where every Georgian including “YOU!” has an equitable opportunity to live and thrive.
YOU DESERVE REPRESENTATION THAT WILL LISTEN! RESPECT! & ACTIVELY FIGHT FOR YOUR NEEDS!